Monday, February 5, 2018

Fanny Mail: A Missing Child


Kiddies, as you know, I've been going through a box of old Fanny Mail. But that doesn't mean that new letters and emails aren't continuing to pour in. Today I received one that requires my immediate attention. It is from Charlotte Pettengill of Ansted, West Virginia. Charlotte writes: "Dear Grandmother Winsome, our child has been missing for two days. The police are continuing the search, but my husband and I are ready to move on and begin planning the funeral. Do we have the power to call off the search?"

That's a tough one, Charlotte. Sometimes the law is just not understanding of people's feelings. Officials might consider it their duty to continue the search even if you express your desires for them to stop. And you don't want to go through the process of an expensive funeral only to have them find your child alive and well in a week or so. I know it's difficult, but I would let them finish their search. They will get tired of it soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment