Saturday, February 17, 2018

Fanny Mail: Making The Most Of The Holidays


Kiddies, I am continuing to go through the box of old Fanny Mail. Here is a letter from early December of 2014, sent by Hope McClendon of Middlebury, Vermont. Hope writes: "Dear Grandmother Winsome, I just wanted to thank you for one of your recent posts in which you gave advice to parents about enjoying Halloween. While my husband and I aren't big fans of that holiday, we do really love Christmas. But lately the holiday just hasn't been the same since we adopted two children. We took your advice from that post and, with just a slight alteration, applied it to our own situation. In that post, you suggested the parents hire local clowns to take their children for the weekend. My husband and I have hired a mall Santa to take our children on vacation for Christmas. And for a little extra, the Santa has agreed to keep them straight through New Year's Day. My husband and I are going to have the best Christmas ever. We wanted to share this with you and your fans."

Wonderful, Sweetie! I am always tickled pink to hear how my advice has helped. And for those of you who might not recall my original advice to that other couple, you can click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment