Thursday, May 28, 2020

Grandmother's Fanny Game Fan Poll


The coronavirus outbreak has resulted in significant changes in people's behavior, including social distancing and the wearing of masks in public. This reminded me of a couple of questions from the 2017 Grandmother's Fanny Game Fan Poll, and I thought I'd take the opportunity to share the data with you. One question I asked was, "How often do you wear masks during your activities?" Of the 221 respondents, almost all indicated that their work calls for the wearing of masks at least on occasion, but only four people said they wear masks one hundred percent of the time. I also asked, "How often do you travel abroad?" Obviously, with certain travel restrictions now in place, the respondents' answers probably no longer strictly apply. That being said, I was surprised to find that only twelve percent of those who answered travel abroad at least once a year. And nearly fifty percent said that they do not travel abroad at all. One respondent wrote that as much as he would love to do some work in other countries, any such travel would be ill-advised given his situation. While I was going through the data, another question caught my eye. Though unrelated to the current pandemic, I found the results quite interesting. I asked, "Who do have assist you with your experiments?" I was tickled to find that more than a dozen of my fans have used escaped convicts. What a great idea! Any time they might hesitate to comply with some particularly dangerous or odious task, you can just threaten to turn them in.

No comments:

Post a Comment