Saturday, May 2, 2020

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home


Today when I arrived at the Birch Street Nursing Home, there was a pleasant odor in the air. I stood there for a moment, wondering what it could be, when suddenly Mrs. Lieberman came out of the head nurse's office carrying a basket of laundry. She said, "Good morning, Cindy," and then added, "It just took a little jiggle to get that door open." She then headed up the stairs carrying the basket. I went into the nurse's office, and saw that a door I always thought had been locked was now wide open. Inside was a small washer and dryer. There were also several filing cabinets and a safe in the room. I wish I had tried to jiggle that door open weeks ago. I would have added laundry to the list of chores the patients perform. Since Mrs. Lieberman didn't already have an assigned task, I asked her if she'd do the laundry every Saturday, and after a moment she agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment