Saturday, May 30, 2020

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home


Today there was a surprise waiting for me at the Birch Street Nursing Home. The patients turned the activity room into a theatre, and performed a skit for me. Everyone was involved, even Hazel. Mr. Oliveras and Mr. Matthews had remembered their fire drill roles and carried her down the stairs so she could participate. When the patients were all ready, Mrs. Kunkle announced the skit's title, which was "A Day At The Birch Street Nursing Home." The whole thing was wonderful, but the funniest part was when Mr. Pearlman missed his cue, and Mrs. Henley, who said she was playing me, pushed him onto the stage. When the skit was over, the patients told me it was their way of thanking me for making the activity room such a special place.

No comments:

Post a Comment