Saturday, May 16, 2020

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home


The patients at the Birch Street Nursing Home have been in good spirits all week. And I am in good spirits too, because today I got paid. The head nurse would always leave ten dollars with my list of chores, but since the pandemic started and the nurses have been working from home, the head nurse hasn't come in at all. Grandmother asked me last night what I've been doing with all the extra money I've earned. When I told her that the head nurse hadn't been in to pay me, Grandmother shook her head and said she had a phone call to make. This morning when I arrived, there was a big stack of money with a note for me on the front desk thanking me for all my good work. Not only did I get paid in full for the last eight weeks, but I was also paid in advance for the next four. So I guess they expect this pandemic to go on a while longer. This will give me a chance to do some serious work in my basement laboratory at the Birch Street Nursing Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment