Saturday, October 28, 2023

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home


After starting my new experiment last Saturday at the Birch Street Nursing Home, during the week I got some tips from Grandmother. First, she told me not to worry about how Mrs. Patterson didn't speak afterward, that it was just a short-term side effect. She also told me I didn't have to wait for Mrs. Patterson to mention Mrs. Shimshack before administering the treatment. Then she suggested I set the machine at medium high, which was a higher setting than I used last week. She also told me I should complete a four-week course of treatment before drawing any conclusions. At that point I can re-evaluate and decide whether another four-week course is necessary.

When I got to the Birch Street Nursing Home this morning, Mrs. Patterson was talking with Mrs. Henley. I asked Mrs. Henley and the other patients if Mrs. Patterson had mentioned Mrs. Shimshack much during the week. Though they couldn't agree on a specific number of times, they all said she did mention her. Mrs. Patterson was a little reluctant to go with me to my laboratory today, but I eventually coaxed her down the stairs and got the band with the electrodes attached to her head. I adjusted the setting to medium high and flipped the switched. This time she nearly jumped out of her seat, and when we were done she was confused as to where she was and how she got there. So I helped her back up the stairs and guided her to her room, where she took it easy the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment