Saturday, October 7, 2023

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home


Edward's ice cream truck has been parked out back of Winsome Headquarters the past two weeks, and last night I went inside to see if there was any ice cream left. I was happy to see nearly a dozen containers. I asked Edward if it would be okay if I took a couple of gallons to the Birch Street Nursing Home to share with the patients. He surprised me by telling me I could have it all. I was worried that it would be difficult to carry and that it might melt during my forty-minute walk this morning, but Edward offered to drive me. He said he had to go out to the hardware store anyway to pick up clamps for his traveling haunted house. The patients were thrilled when they saw all the ice cream, and while Mrs. Patterson was enjoying her dish of rocky road, I took her head measurement for my new experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment