Monday, August 15, 2022

Fanny Mail: A Question From Pennsylvania


Kiddies, today I received an email from Cheryl Teagarden of Slovan, Pennsylvania. Cheryl writes: "Dear Grandmother Winsome, I have a couple of unwanted babies I was thinking of dropping off at the fire station. The problem is their father is a fireman, and I am afraid he'll cause a scene. I am trying to cut back on the amount of drama in my life, which is why I am getting rid of the children in the first place. What should I do?"

Well, Cheryl, one option is to drive to the fire station of a nearby town. Because even if you went to the local station at a time when your husband isn't working, someone there might recognize you or the children. Just keep in mind that sometimes firefighters of several towns come together to fight an especially large fire, so you might need to drive a good distance before you can feel confident that the firefighters there won't know your husband. So perhaps it's best to consider alternatives. One idea is to take the babies to the local hospital, which is another location that does not require you to reveal your identity or that of your children. You could also drop them off at a daycare center, where the workers know how to take care of children. If those options don't work for you, another idea is to take the babies to a flea market. Perhaps you could swap them for an attractive floor lamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment