Saturday, August 13, 2022

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home


Today when I got to the Birch Street Nursing Home, Mrs. Patterson was at it again. She was outside, bent over the front lawn, running her fingers through the grass. When I told her she needed to go inside, she grabbed my arm and pointed to a spot where the grass looked worn and told me that this is where she saw Mrs. Shimshack standing last night. I reminded her that Mrs. Shimshack has been dead for years, and told her that the poker game will be starting soon, so if she doesn't want Mr. Tanaka to take her seat, she'd better get moving. It didn't work, and Mrs. Patterson kept staring at the ground. I went in to tell Mrs. Lieberman to start the first hand without me, then took Mrs. Patterson across the street to the Birch Street Cemetery to look at Mrs. Shimshack's grave. But even this didn't work. Mrs. Patterson said that Mrs. Shimshack wants us to think she's dead so we'll let down our guard. I gave up and told her to join the rest of the patients at the Birch Street Nursing Home when she gets hungry. Five minutes later, she was inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment