Saturday, August 6, 2022

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home


This morning when I arrived at the Birch Street Nursing Home, Mrs. Patterson was outside, looking in the bushes at the edge of the road. She had Sniffles The Eighth with her, but the dog wasn't very interested in whatever Mrs. Patterson was searching for. I reminded her that patients were not supposed to be outside on their own, but she didn't pay any attention to me. Instead, she pulled on the cord she was using as a leash to try to get Sniffles The Eighth to investigate the bushes. So I went over to see what she was up to. Mrs. Patterson said that last night through her window she saw Mrs. Shimshack crouching in the bushes with a pair of binoculars. So now she was using the dog to catch Mrs. Shimshack's scent. I could tell Mrs. Patterson wasn't in a good frame of mind, so I didn't bother trying to convince her that Mrs. Shimshack has been dead for several years. Instead, I told her that she should go check her room to make sure that Mrs. Shimshack hadn't sneaked inside while she was out. That worked. In fact, she dropped the cord in her rush to get inside. Later, when I went to open the drapes in the activity room for the poker game, I learned just where Mrs. Patterson had gotten that cord.

No comments:

Post a Comment