Saturday, May 11, 2019

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home


Today when I arrived at the Birch Street Nursing Home, I found Mrs. Patterson, fully dressed, pacing in the activity room. She was in a terrible state, and before I could ask her what was wrong, she shouted at me, "That Mrs. Shimshack did it!" She then started to cry. "My jeweled brooch is gone, stolen by Mrs. Shimshack. And don't tell me she's still dead, because I saw her this time. She was leaving my room with the brooch as I woke up yesterday. She was disguised as a nurse." Mrs. Patterson continued on like that for much of the morning, telling me she was too groggy to chase Mrs. Shimshack down yesterday, but that she was wide awake now and will catch her the moment she shows her face again. It wasn't until I made a batch of my special cupcakes that I was able to calm Mrs. Patterson down and get on with my list of chores. Right before I left at the end of the day, Mrs. Patterson woke up and told me to watch out for Mrs. Shimshack.

No comments:

Post a Comment