Saturday, May 4, 2019

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home


When I arrived at the Birch Street Nursing Home today, Mr. Matthews greeted me at the door and told me he had something urgent he had to discuss with me. He said he'd heard that I'd been writing letters and even a will for some of the other patients, and that he too had something important he needed my help in writing, a short story he wanted to get published. He said it was a love story about an older man and a much younger woman, but that the writing had to be done in his room because he feared that if someone heard his idea, that person would steal it. I spent most of the morning writing, and it wasn't until I told him I had to get lunch for the other patients that he wrapped up the story of Mr. Matthers and Candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment