Monday, November 26, 2018

Grandmother Winsome Returns To Hawaii


Yesterday, after re-discovering the sugar plantation where we once conducted some serious business, I became curious whether I could retrace the steps that the evidence took all those decades ago. Today I had the opportunity to do just that. Enough time has passed since those days that I reasoned the dangers of my returning there were nil. It took quite a while, and I had to double back at least twice, but eventually I was able to find this tunnel. We once stored a lot of evidence inside. I was surprised to see that a few of the barrels were still there, as it had been my understanding that this tunnel was intended to only temporarily house the barrels. I hired some local children to dump the remaining contents into a nearby river, thereby finally putting to rest this bit of business.

No comments:

Post a Comment