Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Fanny Mail: A Cat Owner's Question


Kiddies, I don't often get messages from people who keep cats as pets rather than as test subjects. But today I received this email from Mary Sue Myers of Traphill, North Carolina. Mary Sue writes: "Dear Grandmother Winsome, the two most important people in my life are my boyfriend Roger and Mr. Piddles, my cat. The problem is that Roger believes he is deathly allergic to cats, and won't have anything to do with Mr. Piddles. I heard that if a poison is slowly introduced into someone's system, he or she can build up a tolerance. So I've been secretly feeding my boyfriend some of Mr. Piddles' fur, putting it in the food that I cook for him. I think by now his allergy must be under control, but Roger still won't pet Mr. Piddles. What can I do to convince him that he's no longer allergic to cats?"

Well, Mary Sue, you probably don't want to reveal to him what you've been doing. There is a good chance that could upset him. And as far as convincing him that he's no longer allergic to cats, you shouldn't press the issue. Let him discover his lack of allergy on his own. Meanwhile, you might impress your boyfriend by taking extra steps to ensure he won't have to touch your cat. Follow my instructional video titled "Cat Storage" and Roger will likely stick around much longer, Sweetie.

No comments:

Post a Comment