Monday, July 31, 2023

Fanny Mail: Spreading The Word In California


Kiddies, today I received an email from Liz Jones of Irvine, California. Liz writes: "Dear Grandmother Winsome, regarding your Spread The Word post from July 26th, I discovered that my job does have the policy you referred to, being able to change our name at work if we don't particularly care for whatever name we were born with. So I put in a request with HR to change my name. Well, someone from the department responded to inform me there already is an employee calling herself Grandmother Winsome Fan, and declined my request. What should I do? I like my birth name, but I want to do my part to spread the word."

Sweetie, that is ridiculous. There can be more than one person with the same name at a business. Would they really not hire a highly qualified executive named Joe Williams if there already happened to be a Joe Williams at the company, perhaps in the custodial department? Absurd! But if you don't want to cause a fuss, just tell HR that you've updated your request and now wish to be referred to as Grandmother's Fanny Game Fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment