Saturday, July 1, 2023

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home

When I got to the Birch Street Nursing Home this morning, Mrs. Lieberman pulled me aside and told me that she wasn't able to get any fireworks for this year's Independence Day celebration because her connection is having some legal troubles down near the border. She then asked me if I'd be willing to go across town after work to see if a guy she used to know still sold fireworks out of the back of his house. I know how excited the patients are for Mrs. Lieberman's fireworks display, especially after the fun everyone had last year, so of course I agreed. Mrs. Lieberman handed me five hundred dollars, but said I might not need that much. When I got to the address, I was told that guy no longer lived there. I was about to head home, when the man who lives there now said that his friend Manny has a lot of fireworks in his garage just a few blocks over. So I went to see Manny. It took the entire five hundred dollars, but Manny assured me that I got the best stuff. I'm looking forward to the big celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment