Monday, April 11, 2022

Fanny Mail: A Follow-Up From Tanya Platt


Kiddies, I am still in the process of reading all your letters and emails that arrived while the Winsome Family was off the grid. Today I discovered a second email from Tanya Platt of Lawton, Oklahoma. This time Tanya writes: "Dear Grandmother Winsome, it's Tanya Platt again. I wanted to let you know that there was some unexpected drama at the town's annual quilting bee, which I was covering for the local newspaper. In the late hours of the competition, three-time champion Edna Grunald had a heart attack and collapsed onto the floor. So I ended up writing an obituary after all. While the event's organizers waited for the ambulance to arrive, they covered Edna with the quilt she was working on. And I think if she had managed to finish those last couple of squares she would have won a fourth time."

Well, Tanya, it sounds like your first big writing assignment was an exciting one, and it's a good thing you had those two weeks of practice writing obituaries. Keep me posted on future special assignments, Sweetie!

No comments:

Post a Comment