Saturday, April 16, 2022

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home


Today during the poker game at the Birch Street Nursing Home, Mr. Tanaka was busy writing notes. I figured he was working on a new strategy, keeping track of when other players bluff. But late in the afternoon he handed me the sheet of paper and asked me if I could get it to Mr. Smith to pass on to Crystal. I know you're not supposed to read other people's letters, but I just couldn't keep from sneaking a peek. And, boy, Mr. Tanaka is such a nice man. From my one brief glance at his letter, I could see that he really misses Crystal. He asked Mr. Smith if he could drop Crystal off for an hour, and said he had the money. At first I was confused why he would mention money, but then I remembered that Crystal was seeing several doctors and must have a lot of medical bills. It is so sweet of Mr. Tanaka to offer to help. So as soon as I finished my shift at the Birch Street Nursing Home, I went out looking for Mr. Smith. I couldn't find him anywhere, and none of the people I asked seemed to know who he was. I hope I have better luck tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment