Monday, December 3, 2018

Fanny Mail: A Delightful Door


Kiddies, I just received a wonderful email from Natalia Nowak of Poland. Natalia writes: "Dear Grandmother Winsome, I am having a superb vacation in the United States, and today it became even better. I can't begin to express how excited I was when I saw this door painted in Grandmother Winsome pink. I said to myself, 'Have I inadvertently discovered the location of Winsome Headquarters?' I rang the bell and knocked for several hours, but there never came a response. I wondered why the Mexican maid wasn't answering, and for a moment thought I might be mistaken about this being Winsome Headquarters after all. Then I came to the conclusion that the maid was shirking her duties while you are deep in some important experiment in the basement, and she deserves a serious cut in pay. I have a few tourist sites to see tomorrow morning, but then I plan on returning to the door to see if I have better luck."

Natalia, I am tickled pink by your message and photo. And while the door in question does not in fact lead to Winsome Headquarters, I have been considering a cut in the maid's wages, and your message has helped finalize my decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment