Monday, February 5, 2024

Fanny Mail: A Runner's Problem


Kiddies, today I received a message from Todd Gibbs of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Todd writes: "Dear Grandmother Winsome, my favorite exercise is running. But I overdid it last week, and now my right foot makes a snapping noise with every step I take. It is loud, Grandmother. And it has made it extremely difficult to sneak up on people. Will this problem fix itself, or am I going to have to make some big changes in my life?"

Well, Todd, this has happened to me several times over the years, and is nothing to worry too much about. It sounds like a case of crepitus. What you need to do is rest your foot and ice it up frequently. Apply compression bandaging, and whenever you can, elevate that foot. You'll be back to successfully sneaking around in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment