Saturday, February 17, 2024

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home


When I got to the Birch Street Nursing Home this morning, Mr. Tanaka was already scratching that spot under his chin. I decided today would be the day to start my experiment to help him put a stop to all that constant scratching. I took him down to my basement laboratory, which he was surprised to see. I had forgotten that most of the patients haven't seen my laboratory and its equipment. Once I got him strapped into the chair and the machine warmed up, I opened the case of attachments and took out the one I had in mind. I plugged it into the machine, and it made a terrible, high-pitched noise. I told Mr. Tanaka not to worry, and to hold still while I used the attachment to remove a little area of skin from under his chin. Though there wasn't much blood, Mr. Tanaka asked me to stop after just a few seconds. I did, but I told him the experiment will take much longer if we don't get more skin sanded off during each session. Still, I'm almost certain the experiment will be a success because the rest of the afternoon Mr. Tanaka kept his hand away from that little area I worked on.

No comments:

Post a Comment