Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Fanny Mail: News From Tanya Platt


Kiddies, today I received another email from longtime fan Tanya Platt of Lawton, Oklahoma. As you'll recall, Tanya has been keeping me updated about her job at her local newspaper, where her first assignment was writing obituaries. Today Tanya writes: "Dear Grandmother Winsome, though I enjoyed covering quilting bees, demolition derbies and store openings, I felt I was ready for something bigger. Well, I finally got a newspaper assignment that required real investigative journalism. It was covering the increase in statewide bicycle theft. My investigation took me all over the state. And just when I thought I'd learned the identities of four of the men involved, there was some unexpected drama when all four were shot and dismembered. So I ended up writing four more obituaries. I did, however, find the bicycles the men had stolen. I wiped them clean and returned them to their owners."

Good job, Sweetie! I am sure those bicycle owners were happy to get their property back.

No comments:

Post a Comment