Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Fanny Mail: Another Perspective On Baby Boxes


Kiddies, I just received another email regarding those baby drop-off boxes. Pete Dugan of Anson, Maine writes: "Dear Grandmother Winsome, I have enjoyed reading the Fanny Mail regarding baby drop-off boxes. Well, I am the fire chief here in town, and I thought you might want to hear my perspective. Years ago, when people left unwanted puppies at the fire station, they became the property of the fire department. These days we're not getting as many Dalmatians as we used to, but because of the recent baby drop-off program, we are getting some unwanted children. The ones old enough to crawl have come in handy when we are trying to get into tight spaces to search for survivors. But even the youngest, most helpless baby is good for morale around here, making us laugh with its funny noises. Whoever thought of this program has our thanks."

Sweetie, it's so good to hear from someone on the receiving end of these babies. I'm glad to know they're being put to good use.

No comments:

Post a Comment