Sunday, February 27, 2022

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home


There was some trouble yesterday at the Birch Street Nursing Home. Just as I was about to lock up for the evening, I heard a scream upstairs. When I got up to Mrs. Henley's room, I flicked on the light switch and saw a man standing next to her bed. When he saw me, and then looked at Mrs. Henley, he froze for a moment, and then went back out through the open window and down the ladder he had placed there. Mrs. Henley was in a state. I called the head nurse, just as I was instructed to do whenever there is an emergency. But there was no answer. By then, most of the other patients had gathered outside Mrs. Henley's room, and they told me I had to report the incident, so I went ahead and called the police. After the police arrived, Mrs. Henley and I spent a long time looking at a binder full of photographs. Several of the men in the photos looked familiar, but none like the man who scared Mrs. Henley. Three of Cinnamon's doctors were in the photos. I asked the policeman why he had photos of doctors mixed in with criminals, and he asked me why I thought they were doctors. I explained to him how Mr. Smith was renting rooms every Saturday for three sick women he knows, and that their doctors visit them throughout the day. Soon after that, the police left. The patients were still upset, so I told them I would stay there overnight in case the guy returned. The rest of the night was quiet, and I left once the sun came up.

No comments:

Post a Comment