Saturday, December 19, 2020

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home


Mrs. Lieberman and I were both happy to finally have two full tables for poker again at the Birch Street Nursing Home, thanks to the club's newest member, Mr. Shaw. He seems like a very nice person, and though he was quiet and never bluffed, I think he enjoyed himself. I noticed during the game that he was wearing one of Mr. Oliveras' favorite shirts. During a bathroom break, I asked Mrs. Lieberman about it. She told me that she'd gone into the closet where the deceased patients' belongings are stored and pulled out Mr. Oliveras' clothes for him, since he had arrived without any bags. Before I left for the evening, I told the patients that I would be back on Christmas day, and that I'd be bringing cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment