Thursday, November 26, 2020

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home: Thanksgiving Edition


Happy Thanksgiving! I spent the holiday at the Birch Street Nursing Home, because the nurses had taken the day off to spend with their families. Each year, I ask the patients to share what they are thankful for. This year there was a common theme. Mrs. Kunkel, Mrs. Henley, Mr. Pearlman, Mr. Matthews, Mrs. Patterson and Mrs. Macmillan all said they are thankful to still be alive. Mrs. Lieberman is thankful that the poker club is back up and running, and nearly at full capacity. I am thankful that homeschooling has given me more opportunities to help Grandmother with her experiments. On the way home from the Birch Street Nursing Home, I had just enough time before dinner to make a brief stop at the Birch Street Cemetery to say hi to Mrs. Lowe, Mr. Oliveras and Hazel.

No comments:

Post a Comment