Saturday, September 12, 2020

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home


Today when I arrived at the Birch Street Nursing Home, the activity room was quiet. None of the patients were there, and the poker tables were not set up. Not knowing what was going on, I went upstairs to investigate. Mrs. Henley was startled when I entered her room, and asked me if it was Saturday. After I assured her it was, she got up to perform her chore of distributing the medicine. When I got to Mrs. Lieberman's room, she said she was glad I was there, and that we could now set up the poker tables. She told me that the nurses made all the patients stay in their own rooms to receive their food and medication, so there hadn't been any poker all week. Mrs. Lieberman and I let the other patients know that the poker club was on for today, and they came out of their rooms, eager to do their chores quickly so that they would have enough time to play many hands. Because of the strangeness of the morning, I completely forgot to tell Mr. Pearlman that I saw Sniffles The Seventh at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment