Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Sniffles At School


Today was my second day back at school. All morning, I was looking forward to recess because that was the one chance I had to see Sniffles The Seventh, since his new owner is in a different classroom. As soon as recess was called, I ran outside and claimed a spot near the basketball hoop, because that is where Sniffles was yesterday. And sure enough, after a few minutes, Sniffles came racing over to me, his new owner doing his best to hold onto his harness. After I pet the dog and told him what a good boy he was, I introduced myself to the blind kid that Sniffles had dragged over. He told me his name was Julian and that he'd had the dog for two months, since his family moved to town. I told him I've known Sniffles for more than a year. Julian seemed confused, and said the guy at the seeing eye dog agency told him the dog's name was Vincent. After a moment, he said he thought Sniffles was a better name, and told me I could pet him whenever I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment