Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Fanny Mail: A Coronavirus Question From New Jersey


Kiddies, I just received an email from Darcy Miller of Patterson, New Jersey. Darcy writes: "Dear Grandmother Winsome, last night I was relaxing with a glass of wine and a good book when a terrible thought suddenly occurred to me. At some point, this coronavirus pandemic will come to an end, and so too will social distancing, and my family will expect me to resume my weekend visits. Not even a second bottle of wine was able to raise my spirits after that thought began haunting me. And today it was the first thing on my mind when I woke up. Do you have any advice on how to shake this sense of dread?"

Well, Darcy, from what I've read, it is likely that social distancing will have to continue for at least another year, maybe much longer. Until a vaccine is administered to every single person on the planet, there is a danger of a coronavirus resurgence. Let your family know that you are not willing to risk their lives just for the joy of spending a few hours with them. By the time things return to normal, it is possible they will have become accustomed to no longer being visited. They will have their own new routine that doesn't involve you. Let that set your mind at ease, and you can go back to enjoying your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment