Saturday, April 18, 2020

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home


There was some good news at the Birch Street Nursing Home today. Mrs. Kunkle was finally feeling better. But all the other patients were still sick in bed, so she and I split my list of chores between us. Things were going well until I heard a ruckus in Mrs. Henley's room. When I got there, Mrs. Kunkle was leaning over Mrs. Henley's bed, trying to pull the tray of medicine out of her hands. Mrs. Henley was in a state, upset because Mrs. Kunkle was distributing the medicine to the patients, the chore she usually handles. It took me several minutes and a couple extra blue pills to calm her down and convince her that Mrs. Kunkle is only temporarily filling in for her until she is back on her feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment