Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Jane's Volunteer Work


I am continuing my successful volunteer work at the rehab clinic. Today I spoke with Jefferson, one of the most attractive men there. I noticed him yesterday when he was admitted, but he came in so late in the afternoon that I was already out of alcohol. So today I went right over to him and introduced myself. Though it quickly became apparent that a romance wouldn't work out between us, he did give me the scoop on several of the other men there, some of whom are regulars at the clinic. In fact, he told me the main reason he admitted himself was to meet some new men with common interests. We had such a ball talking that by the time we were done, I had no more bottles of alcohol left in my purse to share with the other men. He reminded me that some of the nurses there frown upon the patients drinking, and requested that in addition to alcohol, I bring a box of mints next time to mask the smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment