Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Fanny Mail: A Farmer's Question


Kiddies, today I received a delightful letter from Jim Cowden of Spencer, Iowa. Jim writes: "Dear Grandmother Winsome, I own a small farm, and with my wife's help I've managed to get by without a tractor for years. But this week there was an off-season sale that I just couldn't pass up, and now I am the proud owner of a brand new tractor. However, I don't know how to break it to my wife that I no longer need her help. Her excessive size has been beneficial in pulling the plow over our four acres these many years. But now, try as I might, I just can't think of any use for her. And I can't afford to keep her and also gas up the tractor. What's the best way to convince her to move on?"

Well, Jim, there are likely many other farms in your area that could use someone like your wife. Perhaps you could put an ad in the classifieds offering her services. Be sure to stipulate that she has to live on site. If that fails to draw any interest, simply inform her you have fallen in love with your new tractor. Give the tractor a pretty name and buy it a big dress. That should be enough to convince your wife that it is time for her to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment