Saturday, October 19, 2019

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home


Last year I had to work on Halloween, and missed my chance to go trick-or-treating. So this year I am planning the Birch Street Nursing Home Halloween party for next Saturday, leaving the 31st free. Today I told the patients they had one week to put together their costumes. I realized that Mr. Pearlman, who is blind, and Hazel, who rarely moves, would have trouble making costumes, so I decided to make them myself. I sneaked into Mr. Pearlman's room while he was napping and took his white cane. I glued tiny branches to one end of it so that it looks like a witch's broom. Every witch should have a black cat, so for his seeing eye dog, Sniffles The Seventh, I made a black cat costume using some of the cat skins I have in a box in my laboratory. This took longer than I expected, so for Hazel, I decided to do something simple. I took the sheet from her bed to use for a ghost costume. Where the two largest stains were, I cut out holes for her eyes. Once I finished those costumes, I used what time I had left to begin making other preparations. I took the patients' medicine and painted it to look like candy corn, and then created a large banner to hang in the activity room. In orange letters, the banner says, "Happy Halloween!"

No comments:

Post a Comment