Saturday, October 5, 2019

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home


Today when I got to the Birch Street Nursing Home, I saw that my list of chores included a special task. A shutter on the second floor had come loose, and was hanging by one hinge. For several weeks, the patients have been doing my routine chores, but I didn't think any of them would be able to climb the ladder to take care of this one. So in the early afternoon I set aside my experiment for a while to fix the shutter. Sniffles The Seventh followed me outside and curled up at the base of the ladder to keep me company. When I had climbed up to the second floor and was beginning to fix the shutter, I noticed Mr. Matthews through the window. He was seated on his bed, still wearing his bathrobe. He didn't offer to help, but smiled as I completed my task.

No comments:

Post a Comment