Saturday, September 21, 2019

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home


Following Grandmother's advice, I got to the Birch Street Nursing Home early today in order to prepare my laboratory for my classmates' visit. I displayed all the standard laboratory tools on the table, but needed to find a way to hide the larger equipment so that my classmates wouldn't get wind of my current experiment. Surprisingly, it took only two of Mrs. Henley's dresses to cover the big machine, and one more to cover the bag of cats. When one of my science classmates asked where my test subjects were, I had to think quickly. "I use the patients upstairs," I told her. At that moment, Mr. Matthews came down the stairs with a tray of lemonade, which he offered to us. After Susie, Emily and I turned him down, he went back upstairs without waiting for Ricky or Ethan's answer. Once he left, I locked the door behind him so we wouldn't be disturbed again. We didn't make a lot of progress on our school project, but my classmates had fun playing with the rubber gloves, rope and scalpel.

No comments:

Post a Comment