Friday, July 13, 2018

Fanny Mail: Carnival News


Kiddies, today I received a letter from Mason Burkhardt of Springfield, Missouri. Mason writes: "Dear Grandmother Winsome, a few years ago I inherited my grandfather's business, a traveling carnival. This came as a surprise, as my grandfather and I hadn't seen each other as much as I would have liked, but I soon fell in love with the carnival. I had heard that business had declined over the years, but hadn't realized to just what extent. I was faced with the difficult decision of closing for good, when business suddenly picked up. Curious as to the reason behind the new interest in carnivals, I began asking patrons. One answer I heard over and over was that Grandmother Winsome was encouraging people to visit carnivals. I did a little research, and discovered your blog. I just wanted to thank you, Grandmother, for helping me keep my grandfather's dream alive. In fact, with the new revenue, I've been able to double the carnival's pygmy population."

That's wonderful news, Mason! I can't begin to tell you how delighted I am at hearing word that carnival business is picking up again. And I am grateful to all my fans who are patronizing carnivals. Even though I am no longer affiliated with a particular carnival, I believe they still play an important role in society.

No comments:

Post a Comment