Friday, March 2, 2018

How Fanny Mail Began


The cryonics experiment continues to go well. At this stage, there is not a lot for me to do other than make sure the cold temperature is maintained. As I do not wish to begin any other experiment until I see this one to its conclusion, I've been using the time to go through some of my personal items. As you know, I recently found a box of Fanny Mail, which I have been diligently answering. Today I found something really special, the very first letter that was ever written to me from a person seeking advice, way back in late 1980. I not only saved the letter, but made a mimeograph of my response and saved that as well. So, Kiddies, here you have it the very first Fanny Mail ever written. Enjoy!

John Hinckley of New Haven, Connecticut wrote: "Dear Grandmother Winsome, last year I read with great interest about your kinsman Brock's attempt to establish his own Witness Protection Program. Since then, I've been keeping tabs on the Winsome Family, and I know that some people have turned to you for advice on different matters. Well, I have a matter of some urgency that I would like your advice on. There is a young woman that I am interested in, but I can't ascertain her feelings toward me. I wrote a few love poems in her honor, but have not received a response. What can I do to make certain I have her attention?"

I responded: "Well, John, not everyone enjoys poetry. You must do something bigger, something that will stand out, something that every woman, not just your sweetheart, won't help but notice. Then, once you have the young lady's attention, you can express your affections for her directly rather than through poetry." 

No comments:

Post a Comment