Friday, March 30, 2018

Fanny Mail: A Question From A Fellow Researcher

 
Kiddies, today I received an email from Nicholas Belrose of Saratoga Springs, New York. Nicholas writes: "Dear Grandmother Winsome, I am working on a crucial experiment that I'd been planning since 2012. However, it has hit a few snags and as a result is taking longer than anticipated. I've already used all my sick and vacation days at work, days that took me years to save up. The experiment is still not complete, and it requires my attention every four hours. My boss will not give me any more time off. What should I do?"

Well, Nicholas, if you need only another week or two to finish your experiment, you could ask for unpaid leave. If you need more time, see if you can work from home. If your boss won't allow that, you could take extended lunches if your work is close enough to home, or sneak part of your experiment into your work place. Whatever you decide, don't give up. I wish you the best of luck in completing the experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment