Sunday, September 3, 2017

Fanny Mail: Saving Cats In Texas


Today I received an email marked "Urgent" from Paula Briggs of Wharton, Texas. Paula writes: "Dear Grandmother Winsome, my husband and I have had a boon in cats this past week, as many have floated into our neighborhood. We could have used this surplus, but our basement laboratory is going to be out of commission for a while, and the hotel where we've been staying doesn't have the necessary facilities or sufficient space for our experiments. So we were wondering if you might want the cats. It seems a shame to let them go to waste."

Thank you for your generous offer, Paula, and for contacting me during what I am sure is a hectic time for you. However, the experiment I'm working on now requires live cats. That's not to say that others working in the scientific field won't have use for them. You can check around on the science-based forums online, or let the cats float on to the next town and hope that someone there will put them to good use.

No comments:

Post a Comment