Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Fanny Mail: Professor Responds To College Experiment


Kiddies, over the weekend I received a letter from Professor Rachel McKinley-Buchanan, MD, PhD, of Chicago, Illinois. Rachel writes: "Dear Grandmother Winsome, I was surprised upon reading the letter from Professor Phillip Dubois which you addressed today, August 28, 2017. While I don't question the results of my colleague's experiment, I have to admonish him for withholding from half his students advice that he knew would be helpful to them, even for the brief period of a college term. I find such behavior unethical, and obviously it had disastrous results for a portion of those students. Also, who knows what long-term effects some of the others might suffer as a result of not being allowed to follow Grandmother Winsome? Yes, of course it is important to prove things scientifically, but it has already been well established that following Grandmother Winsome's advice is beneficial, and so Professor Dubois needlessly put young people at risk."

Rachel, thank you so much for your letter. I appreciate your zeal and your passion. While I encouraged Professor Dubois to share the results with all his future students, perhaps that's not going far enough. He should publish the results in a reputable journal, so that his experiment does not ever need to be repeated anywhere in the world. No need to put others at risk, as you so eloquently stated in your delightful letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment