Monday, December 21, 2015

Fanny Mail: A Christmas Question From San Francisco


Hi, Kiddies! Today I received an email from Oliver Tannenbaum of San Francisco, California. Oliver writes: "Dear Grandmother Winsome, every year for Christmas I receive a check from my grandmother for $25. The amount never changes, though my grandmother in recent years has actually become quite rich. This year I noticed that my aunt's name had been added to the check as an account holder, and it was done without any warning or explanation. How do I take my aunt's place in this role? Because then there will be no more of these paltry $25 checks."

Well, Oliver, you need to impress upon your grandmother that you are good with money, and that you have her best interests at heart. Or you could approach it from the angle that your aunt isn't any good with money. Perhaps she doesn't have a very good gambling record? Or maybe she's made poor investments in the past? Even if it's something from deep within your aunt's past, mentioning it will certainly jar your grandmother's memory. And, Sweetie, if this was a sudden decision on your grandmother's part, perhaps she isn't doing well, so you'll have to act quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment