Monday, April 27, 2015

Fanny Mail: A Question About Family


Saturday I received a letter from Mrs. Worthington of Park City, Utah. Mrs. Worthington writes: "Dear Grandmother Winsome, I am thinking of having a private mausoleum built in my home. I want to keep my husband and children close to me, and don't enjoy visiting cemeteries. I do, however, have one concern. Will I be expected to set up visiting hours for other family members and friends?"

Well, Mrs. Worthington, many people do enjoy visiting their dead loved ones, and may want to drop by from time to time. But this is your home, and you're not required to let in anyone whom you do not wish to see. However, an option is to have a separate entrance that leads only to the mausoleum, so that no unwanted guests will need to be in any other area of your home. You can post the visiting hours at that entrance. But again, that is only if you decide to allow them access, or even tell them that the bodies are there.

No comments:

Post a Comment