Monday, April 13, 2015

Fanny Mail: An April Fools' Day Concoction


Hi, Kiddies! Late last night I received an email from Gladys Proctor of San Diego. Gladys writes: "As an April Fools' joke, I posted to my cooking blog a baby food recipe that included 1 cup of varnish in the list of ingredients. Well, somebody’s baby died. I just wanted to warn my fellow bloggers that not everyone understands April Fools' jokes. Granted, I did post it just after 11 P.M. on the west coast, which technically made it April 2nd on the east coast. But the reader still should have understood the spirit in which the post was offered."

Gladys, it's so true that not everyone has a sense of humor. But let me offer another thing to consider: the mother knew exactly what she was doing, and used your humorous post as an excuse to get rid of an unwanted baby. I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it, Sweetie.

No comments:

Post a Comment