Saturday, December 20, 2014

Getting That Great Gift: Jane's Holiday Experiment (Week #8)


Christmas is almost here, and this year I am eager to receive a substantial gift. On Halloween I began my holiday experiment, in which I'm dating the same man for the eight weeks leading up to Christmas. I spent the first several weeks carefully laying the groundwork. During the sixth week, I showed Glenn some choice pieces of jewelry in catalogues, and he indicated his interest in one necklace by telling me, "That is nice." Then last week we simply met for lunch, which provided more evidence that he was saving up his money for the necklace.

This week, Week #8, Glenn told me he was quite busy. And indeed he must have been, for it took him several days to return my call. And when he did, on Thursday, it was to let me know that his weekend was completely booked. I offered to meet him for lunch on Friday, but he told me that's when his office was holding its annual party. Not wanting to be too demanding so close to the big day, I then mentioned the possibility of even meeting him for his bowling night Friday, but he told me he wasn't going to make it this week, because that was the only time he had to do his shopping. And as he didn't invite me along, it became obvious to me that that was the time he planned to purchase the necklace. I can't wait for Christmas. Today I've been practicing my surprised look in the mirror, for when I open his thoughtful gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment