Monday, April 29, 2013

Fanny Mail: A Party Question


Hi, Kiddies! Today I received an e-mail from Nicole Miller of Albany, New York.

Nicole writes: "I'm excited to be attending my friend Paul's Statute of Limitations Party this weekend. We've all been trying to guess the crime he committed, and he has dropped a few hints. For example, I know it's been at least five years. He's promised at the end of the festivities to reveal his crime, and whoever guesses correctly wins a prize. But as it's not yet been revealed, I'm not sure what sort of present I should give. Is there a gift that would cover a wide variety of felonies?"

What a great cause for celebration. I commend Paul on his originality and spirit. I agree it might seem difficult to choose an appropriate gift without knowledge of his particular interests. But I've put a lot of thought into this and have come up with a few ideas:
  • fake passport
  • chloroform
  • police uniform

Or if you're low on funds, there is always the promise of an alibi.  That is something that's certainly appreciated.

And, Nicole, be sure to take a dessert too, perhaps a good coconut cake. Something everyone can enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment