Monday, May 7, 2012

A Loyal Viewer's Request


Hello, kiddies. Today I received a letter from a thoughtful woman, who has asked me to post her dilemma here on my blog. I am guessing that there are many of you who will also benefit, so I am happy to oblige.

She writes, "Dear Grandmother Winsome, people often ask me which of my children I prefer. I always say the thin pretty one. But the truth is neither of my children is pretty. Obviously the large one isn't. But the thin one is sort of awkward and has acne. I hate being asked this question, because it reminds me of how unfortunate I am. I'd rather go through the day without thinking about my children. I'd be grateful if you'd please pass this on to your loyal viewers and readers. And perhaps if the word is spread, people will cease to ask this disturbing question. Also, if you have any advice as to how I should answer if someone does ask me this question again, I would certainly appreciate your wisdom. Thank you so much, Grandmother Winsome."

I agree that people should not ask about other people's children. No one wants to be reminded of her burdens throughout the day. And to answer your question, sometimes the truth is your best ally. The next time you're asked this awful question, look the person straight in the eye and say, "I don't care for either of my children." I bet that person will avoid asking you about them in the future, and may in fact stop asking you questions altogether. I'm so glad that I've been able to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment