Saturday, April 1, 2023

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home


Today I helped the patients at the Birch Street Nursing Home celebrate April Fools' Day. I started by hiding Mr. Pearlman's cane and putting a tree branch in the spot where he usually keeps it. Then I put some fake vomit on the stairs and fake dog poo on the floor of the activity room. I also slipped a whoopie cushion onto Mrs. Macmillan's chair during a break in the poker game. When she came back and sat on it, everyone had a good laugh, though of course Mrs. Macmillan didn't hear it, so I had to explain why we were laughing. But Mrs. Macmillan did have a good laugh when Mrs. Henley opened the special canister of cookies I'd brought, and a rubber snake jumped out. During lunch I put a plastic insect on each patient's plate, which gave them a good scare. And when Mr. Matthews bent down to smell the flower on my broach, I squirted him with it. There was a lot of laughter today at the Birch Street Nursing Home. When I was collecting all the items in the late afternoon, Mrs. Kunkle told me not to forget my wind-up mouse toy. But that is something I had not brought.

No comments:

Post a Comment