Saturday, October 31, 2020

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home

Because of the illness and the recent deaths at the Birch Street Nursing Home, I wanted to do something to cheer up the remaining patients for Halloween. So I stopped by the store on my way in and picked up some candy. However, most of the patients were not feeling up to celebrating. When I got to Hazel's room, she was in her usual spot by the window, but there was a terrible smell and Hazel was not looking good. Mrs. Lieberman was the only patient out of bed, so I asked her to check on Hazel. After a few moments, she came back and told me that Hazel was dead, and probably had been for at least a day. I called the head nurse from the office to give her the news. She didn't answer, so I left her a message, and then went back to doing my rounds. Though Mrs. Henley was not feeling good enough to get out of bed, she was feeling good enough to eat some candy. When she saw that my pumpkin pail was still nearly full, she offered to eat whatever candy the other patients didn't want. I left the pail on her bedside table.

No comments:

Post a Comment