Saturday, October 10, 2020

Cindy's Job At The Birch Street Nursing Home


There was sad news today at the Birch Street Nursing Home. When I arrived, I found a few of the patients gathered in Mrs. Lowe's room. Mrs. Lowe was sobbing. I asked her what was wrong, but that made her cry harder. Mrs. Lieberman then took me aside and told me that Mr. Oliveras had died on Thursday. I was surprised because last week Mr. Oliveras said he was certain he'd be feeling better for the next poker game. I made a pot of tea for Mrs. Lowe and for the other patients who were feeling down. Because of the sad news, I told the patients I would complete today's list of chores myself. In addition to the usual tasks, the head nurse had included two extras putting the vacancy sign out front by the road and placing an ad in the local newspaper's classified section.

No comments:

Post a Comment